Thursday, June 27, 2013



1. Surprisedly - Meaning: This is unbelievable; I can’t believe what a surprise this is!
Example: Kelly won the lottery and is telling me about it.
Kelly: I won! I actually have the winning lotto numbers!
Me: You must be kidding (about winning the lottery)!

2. Questioningly - Meaning: This news is hard to believe; I’m uncertain if you’re being honest.
Example: Elizabeth says that she went on a date with George Clooney last night.
Elizabeth: George Clooney was my date last night; he took me to the nicest restaurant.
Me: You must be kidding (about this; there’s no way you went out with George Clooney).

3. Angrily - Meaning: I can’t believe you did this. I hope you are joking because this is terrible.
Example: Mary crashed my car after I let her borrow it.
Mary: I’m so sorry but I got in an accident with your car. I ran into a wall.
Me: You must be kidding (about crashing my car; I’m so angry about this).

Trang Chủ

No comments:

Post a Comment